Last updated: November 2020
● Personal Information about you, which you provide to us as a user or prospective user of the Services, which may include your name, address, phone number and email address.
● Personal Information about our employees, contractors and job applicants, including name, address, contact details and work experience.
● when you contact us through an online form on Website or by email;
● when register for a YouPay account on our Website;
● when you purchase goods or services using the Services on the Website or on the website or mobile application of a Merchant;
● during phone calls or other communications between you and us;
● when you contact or communicate with us by any other means.
● to assist us in providing the Services to you;
● to manage your account with us; and
● marketing and remarketing purposes.
● to record information about your usage, preferences and behaviour in relation to the Services, as well as any feedback provided by you;
● when combined with the deidentified Personal Information of other users (in which case such combined information will no longer be personal) to analyse and develop products and services that suit our users;
● to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour;
● to optimise marketing activities, user experience, and content;
● any other use for which we obtain permission from you.
● we believe it is necessary to protect your rights, property or personal safety;
● we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements - for example, we may share information with credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units; or
● we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of YouPay – for example, disclosure to a Court in the event of legal action to which YouPay is a party.
● interception while it is in transit over the internet;
● an unpatched vulnerability, a zero-day vulnerability, or an attack within 48 hours of a vendor releasing a patch or update;
● spyware or viruses on the device (such as a computer or phone) from which you access our Website or otherwise contact us; or
● as a result of your failure to adequately protect your username or password (if applicable).
● we no longer hold or use the information;
● providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other persons;
● the request is frivolous or vexatious;
● the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be disclosed as part of those proceedings;
● providing access would be unlawful;
● providing access would be likely to prejudice the detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution of possible unlawful activity; or
● the information would reveal YouPay’s commercially sensitive information.